When it comes to foil packs, I am split: on the one hand, they can turn out delicious; on the other, they can be rather blah. Last night I decided to risk it and try the Fajitas in a Foil Pack recipe from Hungry Girl to the Max! It called for only a handful of ingredients, many of which I already had on hand, and it appeared quick enough to make on a weeknight.
I did not make any substitutions or alterations to the recipe, and it all came together as planned. I served my portion of the fajitas with corn tortillas and carrot sticks (for dipping into homemade salsa). I gave John–who’s not counting Points–flour tortillas, refried beans, grated cheese, and chopped lettuce. The chicken and veggies came out of the oven with good flavor (the hint of lime was especially nice), and one serving yielded a lot of food (one of the Hungry Girl’s trademarks). We rated the foil packs 3 stars, and I will make them again.
Fajitas in a Foil Pack
1½ TB lime juice
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground cumin
12 oz raw boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
1 cup sliced bell pepper
1 small zucchini, ends removed, sliced into thin strips
1 cup sliced onion
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine lime juice with cornstarch and stir to dissolve. Stir in all the seasonings to form a thick paste. Add chicken and veggies and stir to coat.
3. Distribute chicken-veggie mixture onto the center of the foil, and cover with another large piece of foil.
4. Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
5. Cut packet to release steam before opening entirely. Mix and enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: ½ of pack). Per serving, 6 PointsPlus.